- The odds of needing Life Insurance are far greater than having your house catch on fire or crashing your car, but yet you probably already have insurance for both of those.
- Life Insurance can allow you to maintain your independence, so you won’t need to rely on a spouse or children to take care of you when you are older.
- Protect your assets against the spiraling costs of long-term nursing home care in the event of something happening to you or your health.
- Life Insurance can give you more options about whether you move into a nursing home, or remain at home when you reach old age.
- A nursing home will not accept you unless you can demonstrate that you can pay for your long-term care.
- Health Insurance won’t pay for custodial care.
- Life Insurance can help you to protect your children’s inheritance.
- If you are in poor health, you might eventually need to be cared for.
- The longer you wait, the higher your Life Insurance premium will be and the greater your chances of being turned down for cover.
- You want to maintain your current standard of living throughout your later years.
Failing to plan is planning to fail.
Everyone needs to have an overall retirement strategy and as part of your strategy, you need to determine how you will provide for your care in later life.[button text=”Get a cheaper Life Insurance quote now!” link=”/income-protection/” style=”default” size=”normal” target=”_self” display=”inline” icon=”no”] or call Kieran@theinsurancedoctor.ie